Question
Posted by: NN | 2010-11-01

SPIKED DRINK

Last week Thursday I went out with some girlfriends for drinks. I had 1 glass of wine and 2 x savannah lights. I ate a huge bowl of pasta before I went out and I had these drinks within a 4 hour period. Then a guy came to sit next to me and offered to buy me a drink. I got a vodka and redbull and started drinking it and it tasted a bit bitter. I thought that it was maybe because I was drinking the savannah before that. Anyway I went to the toilet and left my drink at the bar counter. I came back to my seat and had a few more sips and then my friends said they were going to the club downstairs. So I left the drink there and we went. We got to the club and we were dancing and then I went to the toilet to urinate. All I remember is closing the door and then my friend calling out for me in the bathroom. Apparently I was passed out on the floor of the bathroom (luckily the door was locked). I was on the floor covered in vomit til my friend found me. I remember having a few words with her but cannot remember anything after that. Her boyfriend had to carry me out of the club and take me home. I have no memory of this. I only woke up the next morning and could not remember a thing. While I was in the toilet, I did however vision a man with a girl in a red dress saying that they would take me with them and look after me. That is impossible because I was locked in the toilet by myself. I only had 3 and a half drinks so it is impossible for me to have been drunk. I can drink alot and I know when I am drunk and I will never ever get so drunk that I will pass out. I am ok now but the evening keeps on playing in my head and I desperately try to remember the missing parts of the evening. My friend says that when I passed out, it seemed like I was dead. I am just so worried now to go out anywhere and trust anyone. I am too scared to even have one drink. Although I was not raped or anything like that, I still feel like I have been violated. I am depressed and just want to stay at home now. I am not sure what to do. I STILL FEEL A BIT NAUSEAS AND DISORIENTATED.

Dear NN
It is very possible that your drink was spiked, luckily your friends were there to take you home. The drugs they use to spike drinks usually wipes out your memory.
There are a few golden rules:
1. Never let someone (especially someone you don't know) buy you a drink
2. Watch the barman pouring the drink - if possible drink out of a can or bottle that you open yourself - never leave your drink unattended
3. If you start feeling funny, immediately ask a friend to take you home - go for a urine drug test asap to check for illegal drugs
4. Don't go to bars alone, rather go in a group and stay with the group
dR Bets

2
Posted by: Anon | 2010-11-01

You are one of the lucky few who escaped unscathed. Not a lot of women have the security of friends being there with them once their drinks are spiked. The only drug capable of wiping out memories is " Roofies" 

NEVER ACCEPT OPEN DRINKS FROM ANYONE!!! Not even your friends... Never leave your drink unatendedas well. Keep safe, there arealot of sick people out there

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-01

Dear NN
There are a few golden rules:
dR Bets