Question
Posted by: ROZ | 2005/02/15

Q.

SPIERE BOU

Hi! Ek het begin om spinning te doen omtrent 2 maande terug. Ek het dit saam met 'n gesonde eet plan begin. Ek het eers net 3 keer per week gespin, maar spin nou 5 keer per week. Hoe hard en hoe lank moet 'n mens spin voordat die spinning result in spiere bou. Ek het al bogenoemde begin om gemakliker in my klere te pas, en my grootste vrees is dat ek gaan spiere bou, en my bobene dus groter gaan raak.

Expert's Reply

A.

Dear ROZ,

Spinning will fulfill he dual purpose of burning fat and building muscle. Burning fat will make your clothes feel looser around your waist, but gaining muscle mass in your thighs and buttocks might compensate for the fat loss.The intensity and duration of your rides will dictate the amount of fat you burn: the slower and longer that you ride, the more fat that will lose and less muscle you will build. On the contrary, the harder and faster that you ride, the more muscle you will build in addition to loosing the same or less amount of fat.

Riding 5 days a week for 30-60 minutes will encourage fat loss. Riding 3 times a week 20-30 minutes hard (with intervals) will build muscle mass faster.

Hope that helps and Good Luck!

Want to comment?