Posted by: Cindy | 2009-02-11

i need your help, every day that i wake up or arrive at home my eye always spots little spiders, in the corners or on the ceiling or just anyway, just small black ones, they dont look to harmless, but they are always around, even if i kill them, which i always do when i see one, i either spray doom or a squish it, im not being cruel or anything, i just dont think having spiders as company are a very healthy thing.

my question is, how do i get rid of them more permanelty, i have a little daschund that i dont want to poison by accident so my fix must keep him in mind please. also i do not have the money for an exterminator to come in. is there any spray or something that i can use to get rid of them all.

please help

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

There is nothing unhealthy about having spiders in your home or garden - in fact they are a good thing because many trap flies. I don't know from your description what kind they are, but it's unlikely they are one of the few poisonous species; the only way to know for sure is if you catch one in a jar and have it identified. And expert might also be able to tell you where the spiders are coming from.

You're quite right to be concerned about using pesticides if you have pets, and I'd avoid it if I were you. I don't know of eco-friendly/safe ways to get rid of spiders, but let me research it and get back to you.