Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2011/02/17

Spiderbite

Dear Doc

I think I may have been bitten by a spider on my leg this morning. I did not feel the bite, but my leg started to burn and itch. I have an area about 10cm in diameter that is red and swollen and still burning and then in the middle of that what looks like a black spot. My leg does not pain, it just burns. What is the best way to treat this?

Hallo BMJ
I think you should see your doctor for possible antibiotics - it sounds as if the area may have infection in it. You can also take an antihistamine for a few days

2
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/18

Hallo BMJ

Posted by: BMJ | 2011/02/17

Me again, just want to add that my leg has gone numb - like when it''s ''asleep''. It feels so weird. It is not the skin, it is the leg.

Reply to BMJ