Question
Posted by: Spider | 2010/05/26

Spider veins on face

I am a 38 year old female and I have spider veins on both my cheeks. Apart from laser treatment are there any creams or medication that I would be able to get from my Chemist?

Thanks in advance.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Spider, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately there are no topical products or medication that will help in treating spider veins. Studies have shown that regular superficial chemical peels such as NeoStrata’s glycolic acid will over time reduce the appearance of veins due to a thickening of the skin.

Some topical products that contain anti-inflammatory and ‘calming’ ingredients (such as Aloe Vera) may help to reduce the appearance of the veins but unfortunately will do nothing in treating or eliminating them.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/05/29

Hi Spider, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert