Question
Posted by: HELLLPP | 2009/12/09

Spider Veins

I am in my late 20' s and getting spiderveins and varicone veins over my body. My biggets concern is in my face, nose, cheeks, it looks like little red veins spreading. It burns a lot and somehoe then seem to get an infection. I also now feel a burning senstation on my stomach and when I check it' s more of these veins. I get bigger, blue ones n my legs. Do you know what cause this, my dermatoligist and gp have no idea?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Help, thank you for the question.

There are a number of reasons for the development of spider veins and varicose veins:

Venous disease such as venous hypertension
Rosacea
Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (associated with nose bleeds during childhood): blood tests should include liver function tests, FBC with differential and ESR, urine MC & S, and even ultra sound of the abdomen to check the liver, spleen and surrounding structures
CREST syndrome
Telangiectasia macularis eruptive perstans (associated with itchy skin)
Generalized essential telangiectasia
Cushing syndrome

My advice would be to phone your GP or dermatologist and discuss the above possible causes and whether one should investigate further.
If all is normal then individual venous lesions may be treated with IPL or laser vein removal.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/12/12

Hi Help, thank you for the question.

Rosacea
CREST syndrome
Generalized essential telangiectasia
Cushing syndrome

Reply to anti-ageing expert