Question
Posted by: spider | 2008-11-11

spider veins

Hi there i suffer with alot of spiderveins on my legs.
I have been taking Venavine for 4 months now and i dont see a difference. Is there something else i can do ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Spider, thank you for the question.

Your best option is to consult with a dermatologist who can examine the spider veins and advise you on the best treatment options.
You have two options to remove the superficial veins: sclerotherapy and laser vein removal. Sclerotherapy entails the injecting of a solution into the tiny veins which will result in a chemical destruction of these veins and gradual absorption and disappearance of the treated spider veins. You may have to wear compression stockings for 2 weeks following the treatment. Laser involves the use of heat produced by the laser energy to destroy the veins.