Posted by: Anonnie | 2009-06-24

spider vains

Hi there,

My mother(40) has got spider veins under her eyes on her cheek bones and it looks bad and does bother her alot therefore she uses a lot of make up and does not leave the house without it, also when se was a child she fell asleep in the sun in the hottest months of the year, she fell asleep for three hours due to that she now has like skin blemishes, i would like to know if there is anything that will make it ligter or even make it go away as i love my mom very much and wnts her to feel good in her own skin.

I would also like to know your oppinion on Skin free, i use the cleanser,toner,repairing gel, day cream and night cream?

Than you

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonnie, thank you for the question.

The best approach to treat sun damaged skin (pigmentation) and veins is to consider skin rejuvenation technologies. I treat all patients in my practice with the Syneron eMax SR and SRA applicators and when necessary with the laser vein removal applicator (LVA). We achieve excellent clearance results:
85% pigmentation removal
80% to 90% vein removal
Skin texture improvement (60% to 70%)
Reduce pores and pore size (¡Ý 50%)
Increased collagen and elastin production (40% to 60% increased skin elasticity)
Wrinkle reduction

However, these treatments may be expensive as a total of 5 sessions are required 4 weeks apart and other considerations to improve the condition of the skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes (but not the veins) are as follows:
NeoStrata Glycolic acid peels with Booster Pads
NeoStrata Renewal Cream, Brightening Cream SPF 15, Pigment Lightening Gel
SPF 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide