Question
Posted by: Mia | 2011/01/24

Spider bites

Have been bitten 5 times in the past 2 years. Why? Do I attract them? I''ve fumigated my house etc. But especially the Sack spider has bitten me 4 of the 5 times. Twice on the leg (three weeks apart), on my forehead and in my ear. WHY??? Please help me if I could drink something, take something or do something to prevent it.

Hallo Mia
I don't think you "attract" spiders, maybe you were just unlucky. See this article for preventing spider bites: http://lancaster.unl.edu/pest/resources/SpiderBites.shtml
You can also use an insect repellant like Tabard.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2011/01/24

Do you live somewhere in the northern suburbs of Cape Town? I ask because we''ve seen a dramatic increase in the number of spiders here.

You should just bite the bullet and get a professional pest-control service to sort out your problem. THe thing with spiders is that they are known to travel vast distances, meaning they could nest anywhere on your property adn only come for a " visit"  in your house. Fumigation would kill the spiders in your house, but not those camping outside.

Reply to Vrye Denker
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/24

Hallo Mia
dr Bets