Question
Posted by: Cathrine | 2009/11/02

Spider Bite while pregnant

Hi, I got a bite on my eye lid 3 days ago which I am presuming is a spider bite. Initially it was itchy and stinging a bit with little swelling, but it is now my whole eye lid is rather swollen and red and quite sore. The bite itself seems to be OK and I have just been putting Bactroban on. What I am worried about though is that I am 28 weeks pregnant. Is this dangerous for the baby and should I go and see a Doctor for antibiotics?

Hallo Cathrine
Try putting some Antisan/Phenergan cream mixed with Bactroban on the lid. It is probably not harmful to the baby, but if you notice that it is getting worse and it looks as if it is causing an abcess/swollen glands in the neck or before the ear you need to rather see your doctor.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/02

Hallo Cathrine

Reply to cyberdoc