Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2010/02/17

Spicy foods helps with morning sick - safe?

Hi doc
I have morning sickness all day long but luckily no vomiting. It' s just that nausea feeling all day. It makes it very difficult to eat anything. I' ve started a good routine of eating porrige and ever two hours after that I try and snack on fruit and veggies.
This morning I discovered that spicy and hot crisps and foods help to ease the nausea a bit. I' m 7 weeks preg now. Is it safe to snack on one packet of spicy crisps during the day? Will it have an effect on the baby? I don' t get any heartburn so far.

Spicy foods will not affect the baby.

3

Spicy foods will not affect the baby.

Posted by: Jenn | 2010/02/17

HI Phila, a friend gave me Emex Syrup today. I take 30ml' s every 3 hours. Seem to be working. Cost about R39 for 200ml' s without perscription. I lost 7 kg is 3 months with my first pregnancy. This time I don' t want to go that route again.
Doc, is the Emex syrup okay to take?

Reply to Jenn
Posted by: Phila Mavuso | 2010/02/17

I have nausea all day long, I vomit at least 3 times a day, cant keep any food down. I' m energyless and have lost 2kgs in teh past 2weeks. I' m abt 6 wks pregnant. Pls assist.

Reply to Phila Mavuso