Posted by: Tash | 2009-09-14

SPF Factor

Some people say 20 spf factor is enough and if you go higher there are chemicals in those products and then you get pigmentation with those higher factor products. Is this true and if not what factor protection must I wear if I am on holiday and daily?

Dear Tash
It depends on your skin. If you have a very light skin you should go for a higher SP factor (30) and for day to day use a factor 15 would be fine for a normal skinned person. If you know that you are going to be in the sun between 10 and 14h00 for days on end, a high factor is advisable. You won't get pigmentation from the sunblock- pigmentation is actually caused by the sun reacting with certain perfumes or antibiotics or contraceptives. I like to use Techniblock SPF 30+ - it is not oily, and it is waterresistant