Posted by: lonely | 2009-01-17

spermbank baby

hi doc,
i am 36. no partner/husband. and like any other woman long to have my own baby/child. i would love to have one with someone special but unfortunately... time is running out fast. pls can you tell me/sugest what will be the safest way and how does it work and what it will cost more or less to et sperm from unknown donor. Wow, can actually not believe i' m considering this. Anyway thank you for your advise.:)

Dear Lonely

Before proceeding to sperm bank selection, I would recommend a routine gynaecological evaluation, in particular assessment of tubal patency and hormone profiles. Also your general health should be carefully evaluated and any obstetrical risk should be discussed. The cost of sperm selection and insemination together with ovulation induction is in the region of R5000 to R6000, depending on the stimulation program. In an un-stimulated or limited stimulated cycle the cost may even be as low as R2000 to R2500.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Posted by: lilmama | 2009-01-21

Hi lonely
I spoke to DR. Dasooi..That is if you are in the Gauteng area.Call any Netcare hospital and just ask them for the fertility expert number or just someone in artificial insemination.Hope this info. helps will be keeping you in my prayers.
Let me know how it goes

Reply to lilmama