Question
Posted by: Les | 2011/01/20

Sperm wash

My husband is HIV+ and Im HIV-, do we realy have to do the sperm wash first or we can just do the IUI? and any info about the clinic and cost concerning these procedures.

Dear Les

By doing IUI without a sperm wash would markedly increase your chances of contracting HIV. I suggest that you look at the fertility clinics website on fertilitysa, and it will give a list of all the fertility units that are close to where you are living. You can then discuss the cost with each individual unit. It is not simply that you do a sperm wash in an IUI but a full history, examination and investigations needs to be done before an IUI is started.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/01/26

Dear Les

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert