Posted by: Titi | 2012-06-20

Sperm Test

My husband had his sperm tested and the results were that he has spermatozia and is sub-fertile and that there is only 10% chance that he will make me pregnant.

what does this mean and is there any medication that he can take to rectify this issue?

Dear Titi
Without a full comprehensive sperm results it would be difficult for me to give you any specific advice. In cases of low sperm count or motility problems, this can be rectified with medication. However should the morphology percentages be very low, it would e futile to attempt the medical route of correction. Instead one would opt for some form of ART treatment such as INTRA UTRINE INSEMINATION(IUI) OR INVETRO FERTILIZATION(IVF) depending on the fertility specialist assessment.