Question
Posted by: jjmostert | 2011/02/22

Sperm test

I have gone for 2 spermiograms, with the first test my ''''normal sperm'''' was 5%, and with the second test it was 3%. I am not a drinker, smoker, have 3 cups of coffee per day, dont wear tight underwear. How can I improve the number of ''''normal sperms''''?

Dear Jjmostert

It is very unlikely that the morphology/ percentage of normal sperm can be improved easily but occasionally a varicocele (varicose veins around the scrotum) maybe the cause and this can be treated by an urologist. I would therefore recommend that you visit an urologist and discuss this possibility.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/02/28

Dear Jjmostert

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert