Question
Posted by: Lady T | 2011/03/02

Sperm results

Been TTC for 7ys and hubby and I have just turned 30. Did hormone tests and all came back fine. No HSG has been done but hubby results are as below:
Motility 44%
Count 17mil
Volume 1.5ml
Morphology 3%

With such results is there any hope with other alternatives od does it pount straight to IVF?

Dear Lady T

There are hopes to achieve a pregnancy even with the 3% morphology naturally but it is certainly one of the major factors that are probably contributing to yours and your husband difficultly in conceiving. So you have done your hormone profile which appears to be normal but I would still advise you to have a HSG or Laparoscopy to ensure that the fallopian tubes and the rest of the pelvis are normal. If those are normal and you do not want to go straight for IVF you may try a few cycles of intrauterine insemination before going straight for IVF.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/03/09

Dear Lady T

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert