Posted by: anonymous | 2009-03-17

sperm on fingers and fear of pregnancy

my girlfriend went down on me yesterday. i helped her out a bit by showing her how to stroke the shaft, which was wet from her saliva. point being, i wiped my fingers, and, immediately after that, i touched her vagina lightly, not inserting my fingers. though i had not orgasmed prior to that, i would not have great amounts of sperm on my fingers, if at all, but pre cum is always a factor. i would like to know if we should go looking for emergency contraceptives, and at what point pregnancy becomes possible with this sort of contact

As you have already pointed out, the chances are really slim given that (a) you had not ejaculated yet and pre-cum may only contain small traces of sperm if you had ejaculated relatively recently (i.e. earlier that day or in the sexual session with that partner), (b) you wiped your fingers so one would think that any sperm which might (small chance) have been on your fingers was likely exposed to air/wiped off, (c) you also did not insert your fingers... So, the chances are very, very slim. However, if you do not find this to be enough reassurance, emergency contraceptives are not harmful and so could be taken to give more peace of mind (remember these need to be taken within 72 hrs).

Maybe this is a good time to think about you are doing regarding contraception and STI prevention the rest of the time? Condoms can be worn during oral sex (nice flavoured ones can add to the experience), just make sure you replace any condom with a new one before penetration as the teeth can cause damage to the condom...

Posted by: XXX | 2009-03-17

No doubt you can fall pregnant in this fashion as small a chance as it might be.You therefore need to avoid this type of contact in future.

Reply to XXX