Posted by: Daisy | 2011-09-23

Sperm count

We went to see our fertitility specialist yesterday and my hubby''s results were not that good according to the doctor. His sperm count is about 17million and morphology is 4%. Is there anything we can do or vitamins to take. We''re both 33yrs &  have been trying for a baby for 4yrs.

Dear Daisy

The sperm count and morphology is certainly on the low side but this does not necessarily mean it will be impossible to conceive. It just means that it is probably the reason as to why it is taking so long to conceive in your particular case. There are many vitamins and minerals that have been utilized and none of them have been scientifically been proven to really help. What does is that one leads a healthy lifestyle, good healthy diet, exercise regularly and avoiding smoking and alcohol. Theses factors certainly have been shown to improve sperm quality.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: sunil | 2011-09-30

He may have injured his testicles and it happend to me and my sperm count is low

Reply to sunil
Posted by: Judy | 2011-09-23

My hubby also went for test, and his is also 4%, and it says his sperm count is 27.5 not too sure if this might mean million... but I went to a good gynae and so told me not to worry, she have couple of patients with the same problem and they conceived. Keep trying!!! The only thing you should get together more often to have better chances. Doctor told me it is a must to have intercourse on day''s 12, 14, 16 and 18. We also not pregnant yet, but I do believe that it will happen. Good luck!

Reply to Judy