Posted by: Lebo | 2009-08-17

Sperm cleaning

My husband is HIV positive and I am HIV negetive. I wanted to know how safe is sperm cleaning and how much will it cost

Dear Lebo

The cost of insemination after sperm wash is in the region of between R3000-5000 depending on what ovarian stimulation program is being used. Your partner’s CD4 count and viral load is important and it is also important to note that In-Vitro Fertilization with ICSI is safer than Intra-uterine insemination and is the treatment of choice in your situation. The price for in-vitro fertilization is significantly higher than that of intra-uterine insemination, which is mentioned above. The ICSI process could cost between R25000-28000 but has a 100% safety as opposed to the intra-uterine insemination, which is approximately 98% safe.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Abby | 2009-08-25

Hi , im also in the same situation as you and i have been on Fertomid 50mg and had iui 2 times already but i was not producing enuf foliciles or they were not mature enuf. My gyne has said that he has had success with couples in the same situation as us. Good luck Lebo, i no how painfull this is for you as it is for me.

Reply to Abby