Question
Posted by: lady | 2009-02-09

Sperm Aspiration &  AI

I would like to know if Sperm Aspiration is a cheaper / more effective option than vasectomy reversal. I am a 42yr woman. Would AI then be necessary. What would the cost of both procedure be?

Dear Lady

Certainly the sperm aspiration technique is a more effective option bearing in mind your age and the likelihood of natural conception after vasectomy reversal being extremely low. However the treatment option if not AI but would require IVF/ICSI, which has a significant cost implication. However if there are no gynaecological problems then the ICSI could be able to be accomplished for a reasonable fee and I would refer you to the BioART website for a special promotion.

Answered by: Dr M. I. Cassim