Posted by: Bee | 2012-01-27

Sperm analysis

Hi there Doctor,

Please would you give me your opinion on this sperm analysis:

Volume 3ml
Concentration 34 mill/ml

Motility: 59%
Forward progression: 3 (good)

Morphology: 8%

I know that the morphology should be more than 15%. In your opinion.. would you say that this could be the reason (or one of the reasons) why we are struggling to fall pregnant?

Thank you kindly.

Dear Bee

Certainly the morphology is the main concern in this instance but with the morphology of 8% it is not necessary to proceed to expensive fertility treatment. Provided other factors are well managed and controlled spontaneous pregnancies may occur with 8% morphology. Also several attempts at intrauterine insemination may be considered provided there are no other serious impediments to conception.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Bee | 2012-01-27

Me again  -)

What also bothers me, is the fact that all 59% mobile sperm have SLOW PROGRESSION. There are 0% with fast progession.

Thank you.

Reply to Bee