Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2009/12/06

Sperm allergy?

Hi there. I am just wondering if it' s possible to be allergic to sperm? When my husband comes inside I immediately experience a very bad stinging experience and afterwards I get itchy down there. When he doesn' t, there' s no pain. We are trying to concieve and this is a real downer as now I don' t want to have sex because of this. How do we solve this?

This is not a sperm allergy. More likely is that the semen irritates any 'raw'areas due to friction from sex. You should ensure that you are well lubricated to prevent this. The itching could be thrush and you should both be checked for this.

1