Posted by: Marie | 2009-01-23

Specific diet

I would like to know the following. I would like to go on a slimming diet but I have kidney failure (30% - 50 % left). Can I go on any diet?

Dear Marie
It would be unadvisable and potentially dangerous for you to go on any slimming diet without being constantly monitored by a clinical dietitian. With your condition I would presume that you are already under the care of a dietitian? If not, please consult a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) to help you plan your food intake so that you do not gain excessive weight and do not damage your kidneys.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-01-24

Yes it could even be benificial although you could go and see a dietician for a proper personally perscribed diet that takes your medical condition in consideration.

Reply to Zexeon