Question
Posted by: Karla Kruger | 2011/11/17

Special precautions for Borneo Malaysia

I will be travelling to Borneo, Malaysia mainland and surrounding islands in December and January. Is there special vaccinations or precautions I should consider before going? Also, what kind of medicines should one take along if any?

Expert ImageTravel expert

Dear Karla,

Std vaccines, Tetanus, Hep A and Typhoid, Rabies is a consideration if going to Bali. Useful to have flu shot as well.

Anti malarial recommendation would be Doxycycline as well as all personal protective measures.
Take sun protection, bactoban for treatment of cuts, cortisone and anti fungal cream.

Azithromycin for treatment of severe diarrhoea with usual anti-diarrhoeals and rehydrate salts.
Beware undercooked meat as there has been an outbreak of sarcocytis which is a tape worm infestation from one of the islands!

Kind regards,
Pete

2
Posted by: Reuben | 2012/02/07

go for rulager massages.I& #8217 ve been having face massages recently and my face looks vibrant.Face massages circulate the blood in your face and unclogges pores from dust and dirt.Another way is to go out in the sun but make sure you put on suntan lotion if you do not want to damage your skin.Also eat lots of vegetables and fruits.your diet may be unhealthy.good luck and hope this helps! : )

Reply to Reuben
Posted by: Travel expert | 2011/11/22

Dear Karla,

Kind regards,
Pete

Reply to Travel expert