Question
Posted by: Lois | 2010/01/19

SPECIAL DIET

I was an overweight baby, teenager now a overweight woman of 50. I am about 50 to 60kg overweight. During 2007 I was diagnosed with Chronic Inflammatory Demyelating Polyneuropathy, I am a type 2 diabetic and use medication for high blood pressure. I take medication for nerve pain, multi vit, vit,C and nutri B. I am on the following diet since December 2009 and to date have lost 6kg. I cannot exercise due to the CIDP. My diet: Mornings 1 bowl of high fibre bran and a boiled egg. Morning and afternoon snack: 3 provitas with a little bit of biltong or cottage cheese. I am a bit scared for fruit due to the sugan content. Lunch: Tuna/chicken, celery, tomato, cucumber, carrots raw, mushrooms. Supper: 200ml yoghurt, steamed broccoli, raw baby marrow. Can I continue on this or can you assist me with somethiong better, please.

Dear Lois
I am sorry to hear of all your health problems, esp the CIDP. You don't mention who prescribed your diet for you? Was it a dietitian? If not, then PLEASE do consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). In view of your health problems and diabetes you need someone to monitor your diet and energy intake, but your diet also must contain sufficient protective nutrients to provide you with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and phytonutrients. Continue with the diet for the time being, BUT do consult a dietitian ASAP.

3
Posted by: John | 2010/01/20

Lois,
I am using " Diabecinn"  and it bring my sugar down.

Last month I started with " Diabecinn extra"  It have lots of vit. Magnesium, Chromium and zinc and anti-oxidants good for diabetes type2.

Reply to John
Posted by: Lois | 2010/01/20

Thank you, doctor, will do

Reply to Lois

Dear Lois