Question
Posted by: Lindo | 2009-03-03

Spastic colon or something else?

Maybe you can help me with this, I went to a docter on the 6th Feb coz I was limping my right foot was so painful, I could feel that the limping is caused by a pain somewhere on my abdomen, the dr thought it could be my appendix.
He sent me to go have a scan, I went on Monday 09 for the scan and it wasnt my appendix, everything looked normal –  the only thing is spastic colon, doc told me it could be difficult to treat, I will feel ok for 2days then I start limping for 4 days the ok again etc. Is this normal? I think the pain gets worse during my “ patch free”  week. I took my patch off yesterday.

Dear Lindo
A pinched nerve in your lower back could cause pain down into the leg up to the foot. If you have abdominal pain causing you not being able to stand or walk up straight one should consider something like a kidney stone or ovarian cyst. I think you should get a second opinion.