Question
Posted by: ANRE | 2010/02/14

SPASTIC COLON AND VEGGIES

Hi, I have a spastic colon and since I have joined Weight Watchers everything seems to have calmed down a bit, exept for the occasional episodes of flatulence.

I have learnt to avoid the obvious broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage, even green pepper. But now, when it seems like I eat some kinds of veggies, like any pumpkin,gemsquash, pattipans, baby marrows, mielies etc. I also suffer from flatulence and it is normally quite smelly.

Should I avoid all veggies, or are there spesific types that I should avoid? I really try to add veggies to my diet now, but it doesn' t help that it gives me problems in another department.... please help, Thanks!

Anre

Please read the following link (scroll down to diet): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic_colon

This will give you a clear understanding about your condition and the treatment thereof.