Question
Posted by: girl | 2010-06-07

spastic colon affecting kidney?

A few years ago I was diagnosed as having a spastic colon. For a long time I was ok, cutting out dairy which mainly affected me. For the past few months my stomach has been really, really painful. And I know it''s my colon because it hurts in the lower left region. But then I noticed that when it''s so painful my lower, left back region is also painful. I assume it''s my kidney. It''s not a muscle. And I don''t have any back problems and it''s just that same spot and only when my colon is paining. Could my colon be affecting my kidney? Also, when the pain is severe I use ProbiFlora probiotics strain 4. I have also taken up a fairly stressful job since the beginning of the year and not sure if that is a contributing factor. I am 22.

Hallo Girl
I think that a few things should be looked at - you should have a urine test to see if there are any signs of infection or kidney stones, and then I think a gynecology examination would be a good idea - I think you should maybe have a sonar to exclude an ovarian cyst. "Spastic colon" is a diagnosis that one only makes if all other possible causes of pain in the area are excluded. Have you seen a gastroenterologist for this?

2
Posted by: girl | 2010-06-07

Thanks for the response. I have seen a gastroenterologist, but not about this new pain I am feeling. But will definitely take what you said into consideration.

Reply to girl
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-07

Hallo Girl