Question
Posted by: Natz | 2010-07-09

Spastic colon

Ive always had a bit of a spastic colon/gassy tummy. When i was pregnant it was great as it didnt bother me at all...it almost " disappeared" ....now since my C Section it feels as it is the worst it has ever been. It always just feels uncomfie...i can actually place my hand on my tummy and feel a hard knot as the gas bubble moves along....id like to know if this is normal after childbirth/c section???

It was probably better in pregnancy because of the hormonal chnages of pregnancy. The only things to do now are dietary chnages.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-11

Posted by: Tasja | 2010-07-10

I also have a spastic colon.And yes i also felt like that after my c-sec.It was excually painfull,and i could feel the bubble move along.But i think its due to the fact that your intestines are pressed against the out wall of your abdomen when pregnant.And when the baby is out,everything is hanging " loose"  and is very sensitiveYour muscles need to get back to their positions aswell as the other intestines and stuff.It will get better.I was excually amazed at how the " stuff moved along and the fact that i could feel it move along.

Reply to Tasja