Question

Spasms in brain

Since last year May I' ve been getting these attacks. My lips and hands stard getting pins and needles, then I feel like my eyes can' t focus, I say weird things when I actually mean something else, then I get a huge headace and all is gone, but sometimes I don' t get a headache. I went to a Neurologist last year and he said I have a spasm in my brain, what does that mean? I finished my pills (Lamictin) and since then I have had two attacks one per week.

Dear Anonymous
Lamictin is usually given for epilepsy. This can be described as something like an "electrical short circuit" in the brain. One usually needs to take the medication for life if it is epilepsy, otherwise the symptoms will return.

1

Thank you Dr Bets, the Dr I saw said I should only be on it for 3 months, but I understand what you' re saying, would I be able to get pregnant again being on Lamictin?