Posted by: Wendy-Kay | 2011-09-17

Hi doc.
I am suffering from back and shoulder spasms. It gets so bad that I cant sleep on my sides at night because my shoulders are too sore. I often ask my husband to massage my back and shoulders as I sometimes find it difficult to pick up things due to the knots being too sore. I have tried Voltarin oil and tablets, I also take Spasmeds but the knots and pain is back again the next day. I have been to a massage proffesional, but somehow the pain is back again within 3 days.I knew it was stress when I was working, but now I am a stay at home mom and I still get it. There are also a knot on my right wrist, I get it when the knots in my shoulders get bigger, is this part of it? What can I do about tghis and can this be a condition some people suffer? Hope you can give me advise. Thank you. Wendy

You will have to consult your doctor for a prescription for Trepilene 25 mg at night, for at least 2 to 3 months, as well as Valium 5 mg at night, for three nights. You will also need a referral to a physiotherapist to alleviate the muscle spasm. It is important to break the cycle between spasm and pain.

Posted by: Wendy-Kay | 2011-09-19

Thank you, will be sure to see doc this week.

Reply to Wendy-Kay