Posted by: Nins | 2009-07-23

I get spasms in my shoulders and neck. It feels like tension spasms, but I am under no stress. If I tell my doctor she says it is depression. I' m not depressed. I use Baclofen and Pur-Bloka to get through the day but it is getting worse and I have to take more and more pills. Are there other medication or therapy that can help? Is this how muscle dystrophy starts?

Hi Nins
Why are you worried about muscle dystrophy -is there anyone in your family with this condition? ( it is an inherited disease)
Spasms in the neck and shoulders can be caused by your work ( especially if you work on a computer) your posture or the way that you sit ( too low chair with high table) Physiotherapy is probably your long term answer.

Posted by: Ann (RSA) | 2014-06-19

I get spasms when I sit at a computer but it all started when got engaged and my brother got schizophrenia, breathing is painful it comes and gos

Reply to Ann (RSA)