Question
Posted by: Colleen | 2012/10/18

Spaniel seems crazy

2 yr old spaniel bitch runs in figure 8 entire day looking for birds

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Colleen, sounds like this dog is bored/frustrated out of its skull! This also sounds like it has become obsessive behaviour which is somewhere you dont want to go!
Firstly, get the dog out for walks every day, supply stimulated such as varied chew toys to keep the dog busy, human interaction.
If the behaviour does not improve, please get hold of me urgently at scotty@scottysdogs.co.za and I will put you in touch with a behaviourist. If this condition has become obsessive you may also have to get vet help as well. thanks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/10/19

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert