Question
Posted by: Don | 2010/03/10

Soya and Maize query

I have a friend that states that recent research suggests that maize and soya is toxic for humans and results in degeneration, is there any current research that suggests that this in fact not the case?

Dear Don
I am not sure where your friend found this research that suggests that maize and soya are toxic to humans because I have not come across such reports. If you consider that millions of people all over the world eat maize as a staple food and soya as a source of protein and how the populations of countries that rely heavily on these two products are expanding at an exponential rate, then I don't think that these foods are toxic. As regards degeneration of health, a combination of maize and soya is regarded as a healthy basic diet that provides complementary nutrients at a relatively low cost.

1

Dear Don