Posted by: Rocky | 2009-07-10

Soya allergy

hullo Doc, a soya allergy prevents the body from absorbing nutrients like calcium. are there any others? thank you.

Dear Rocky
Having a soy allergy should not interfere with calcium absorption as you should be getting your calcium from dairy foods like milk, yoghurt and cheeses (these are still the best sources of highly available calcium in the diet). Factors that can prevent the absorption of calcium from certain foods, esp plant foods, is the presence of compounds called phenols in the plant foods, which bind the calcium and make it difficult to absorb. Provided you have 3 servings of dairy foods a day, you should not have a problem with calcium uptake.

Posted by: Rocky | 2009-07-12

Hi Doc, Thank you

Reply to Rocky
Posted by: Rockey | 2009-07-11

Hi Doc, I have been diagnosed by a rast test, I am just trying to find additonal information.Thank you doc. please.

Reply to Rockey