Question
Posted by: Big C | 2013/01/28

South Africas Kings cost

Johannesburg - South Africa’ s 10 kings are each getting a salary of R1m a year as well as many other benefits and subsidies - all courtesy of taxpayers.

A government official confirmed that 10 kings, 829 senior traditional leaders and 5 311 chiefs had been paid over R650m over the past year, reported Beeld.

The kings’  official salaries were R927 000 a year, but each province determined what benefits and other subsidies were paid in addition to that.

KZN last year paid R59m for Zulu king Goodwill Zwelithini and his royal household, which included 27 children.

Zwelethini also asked for an additional R18m to build a palace for the youngest of his six wives.

The Eastern Cape’ s four kings each got a brand new Mercedes-Benz ML 320CDI of about R703 000 in the past year.

Constitutional expert Pierre de Vos said the Constitution didn’ t specify renumeration of traditional leaders and kings.

10
Posted by: Sello | 2013/01/28

So leave the beetle alone and let it do what nature brings out of it and you on the other hand must go and enjoy you two daughters that you snubbed in December

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Leila | 2013/01/28

You''v got some really good joke aka communication skills, DH. I hope others can learn the art, instead of just sitting and drinking from paint tins!

Reply to Leila
Posted by: DH | 2013/01/28

Aye well, a dung beetle is also the king of his pile of dung.

Reply to DH
Posted by: Sello | 2013/01/28

I said a commission headed by a retired judge was set up to verify and authenticate our kings. Read this you arrogant moron.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Zulu Royal family consists of the reigning monarch of the Zulus of South Africa, currently King Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu, his consorts, legitimate descendants, near relatives and male-line descendants of his great-grandfather, King Mpande who, as a half-brother of the Zulu Pater Patriae, King Shaka, reigned from 1840 to 1872. Shaka''s policies and conquests transformed a small clan into one of the African continent''s largest pre-colonial realms, extending over much of what is now KwaZulu-Natal

If you do not like our kings then thats your own problem but they remain Kings

Reply to Sello
Posted by: DH | 2013/01/28

Kings...those people are nothing but sheep herders who sit and do f_all all day.

You idiots talk about European kings, they have nothing to do with some dingbat sitting in the middle of the veld.

Your kings are king of nothing, nobody cares what they have to say and nobody cares about their little kraal kingdoms.

Reply to DH
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/28

DH
Yes those kings in Europe who sit around their kraals aka palaces serving big dinners everyday. Hoping one of their daughters can marry one of Queen Elizabeth''s grandsons.
I was asking what European monarchy earns.

Big C
I know about taxes of Europe compared to those of RSA. What I want to know is did you bother comparing SA Mornachy and European Mornachy I also wanted to know what European guys are getting as we are always comparing with them.

On the issue of taxes you know that is because wealth is in the hands of that 5m the other 45m can''t be taxed as 10% of zero is zero. Let''s not get into why and what can be done about it as we are talking Mornachy here.

89wcxe

Reply to Amasi
Posted by: Sello | 2013/01/28

These are our Kings and chiefs. This is a way of life of Africans and we are in an African soil. When we make mention of white prejudice and arrogance, this is what we talking about. Leave this subject matter you morons becuase you dont have a clue. A commission was set up by Mbeki to check, authenticate and verify the status of Kings and Chiefs and that process was concluded amicably. Britain has its own royalty so does many parts of the world. We do not seek approval of the white minority who came here through imperialism and exploited out wealth for centuries - oh no. Just leave SA if you feel agrieved. DH just how much do you pay on taxes? Shut up and ship out because frankly speaking you are not going to win this one. Its sealed even white academics dont touch this subject.

Le ya nyela masepa a dikatsi.

I AM BLACK AND STRONG AND I HAVE MADE MY POINT

Reply to Sello
Posted by: Big C | 2013/01/28

Big differnece Amasi...in Europe UK for example 50 Million population 45 million pay tax...in SA 50 million population 5 million pay tax.

Also in UK the tax revenue is spent on the majority of the population like schools, hospitals, etc in SA the majority of tax revenue is spent on the minority..IE the ruling elite while the poor buggers who voted for them and lived in shacks 20 years ago still do thier leaders drive M3s and live in mansions.

I love this country and its people but am saddened by its leadership.

In UK 1 Queen..in SA 100s .

Reply to Big C
Posted by: DH | 2013/01/28

Kings, now there is a joke, I''m sure you''re talking about those aholes who live in a kraal surrounded by 50 chanting fat a$$es who do nothing other than deliver babies. King of what, 100 cows (no I''m actually talking about them things that give milk - not wives), 10 wives, 30 children and 5 stray dogs.

This country is a joke, a joke where some dumba$$ who sits and drinks beer from a paint can in the middle of the bush gets paid more than a qualified doctor. The king will do F_ALL for the country or humanity in his entire lifetime yet he is paid because he is BLEK and has a sharp pointed stick and a sheepskin wrapped around his fat KFC fed a$$

Reply to DH
Posted by: Amasi | 2013/01/28

How do they measure compared to kings from other countries especially in Europe??

9cgjyl

Reply to Amasi