Posted by: mate | 2009-03-12

south africans

i have heard many times
from foreign people that their opinon is that
south africans are very
nonconfrontational and that
they cannot handle

what are your thoughts?
Sterotype? Generalization or
an element of truth?

I think it has been clear that we are the most unfortunately accepting and non-complaining customers, who put up with shoddy service and products without a murmer. Foreigners perceptio ns are sometimes interesting, because they may notice something we take for granted ; and may be inacurate, based on very limited experience.
Maybe Tanya was ( tongue in cheek, if it didn't get bitten in her wrath ) trying to demonstrate how confrontational a SA can be ?

Posted by: mate | 2009-03-13

thanks for all your inputs and opinons.
i think south africans are awesome!
some of smartest people on earth and
hard workers!!

Reply to mate
Posted by: Face the facts | 2009-03-12

I think we are very confrontational. There is nothing wrong with that. You rock my boat I kick your arse.

Reply to Face the facts
Posted by: Well | 2009-03-12

I went to the U.K for a year and the people I came in contact with might not say the same thing, seeing as I did' nt hesitate to give them a piece of my mind when it came to them criticizing
me as a person,wanting to talk about in a my Country in derogatory way, our History as to how bad the white folks are, especially
if you are a white afrikaans speaking male, and our Goverment, because those are the things most of the other Countrys are intrested in, o and whenever there was a sport fanatic around and he started on the verbal attack about how poor we do in sports, I gave back as good as I recieved... so my opinion would be... it' s a load of crock, they just have not met the right person to have it out with... o and Im female.

Reply to Well
Posted by: T | 2009-03-12

I think that Tanya proves that some SA' s are confrontational and very sensitive lol.

Reply to T
Posted by: CCBF | 2009-03-12

To Tanya 

What on earth is YOUR problem? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed did ya?
It was a simple question, if you don' t have anything constructive to add/share then don' t say anything at all!!!

To mate 
I think it' s all relative. I' m South African and have had the pleasure of engaging with many people from various countries, both on and off the continent of Africa.
Although the subject comes up more often than I think is necessary, there' s no general consensus. Some people I' ve met think we are generally a horrible, unpleasant nation while other think we are kind, warm and receptive people. It all depends on each individual' s experience/s.

Reply to CCBF
Posted by: faz | 2009-03-12

most foreigners have a rotten perception about SAns, I hear most think South African woman are loose and desparate...lot of rubbish if you ask me...and this was said by a foreigner who does not have a job and depends on his South African girlfriend for everything - you name it, food, roof, wheels, everything. It' s just a looser perception if you ask me.

Reply to faz
Posted by: ouch | 2009-03-12

im just sharing what ive heard and looking for other opinons.

didnt mean to offend you so much!

Reply to ouch
Posted by: tanya | 2009-03-12

what the hell are you on about? who cares what people say about south africans! are yoiu south african????

Reply to tanya