Question
Posted by: Veggie | 2010-04-09

Soup portion

Hi Diet Doc
Thank you for the excellent forum.
I enjoy the Woolies Chunky Vegetable soup for lunch but I''d like to know about best portion size when on a slimming diet - I''m trying to loose 3kg. The nutritional info per 100g is: 166Kj and 4.3g carbs. The packet is a 600ml packet. Is it okay to have three quarters at lunchtime and the rest as an afternoon snack about 2 and a half hours later? i always try and have only half the packet for lunch but it doesn''t fill me up enough so I always go back for more. I also have some fruit and yogurt for lunch and a small fruit as an afternoon snack.
Thanks for the advice.

Dear Veggie
Thank you for your kind words. If you have 3/4 or 450 ml of the Woolies Chunky Vegetable Soup this would provide 747 kJ plus about 215 kJ from the yoghurt and 100 kJ from an apple. This equals approx. 1062 kJ for your lunch. Now when you want to lose weight, the recommended energy intake for an adult woman is 6300 kJ per day or 2100 kJ per meal if you have only 3 meals a day. In your case you seem to be having 3 meals plus perhaps 2 snacks (?), so that would work out to about 1575 kJ per meal and 788 kJ for each snack. Therefore your lunch would still be lower than the required energy for your main meals and should not cause weight gain.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-04-10

Dear Veggie
Enjoy