Question
Posted by: Gerhard | 2010-10-11

Soup Diet

I tried a soup diet which I used for 3 days, (ingredients: tomatoes, onions celery and carrots. thereafter I had a feeling that (perhaps my bladder) a couple of inches below my belly button, was very hard for a day or two. This happened on a number of occasions. I realize this is very little info, but perhaps you have come across this previously. Thanks for your info.

Dear Gerhard
I must say that I have not heard of other Readers suffering from a hard feeling below their belly buttons after using a soup diet for 3 days. If you were urinating normally then I don’t think this is due to your bladder. It is possible that your colon may hurt or feel full either because of constipation (the soup does not contain much dietary fibre) or a build-up of gas (possible because of the onions or because your digestive tract may be relatively empty). Patients who have had abdominal surgery and have been on a 'no food per mouth' or liquid diets for a few days usually complain of severe constipation, abdominal pain and winds until their digestive systems start to work normally again when they resume eating a normal diet.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-10-11

Dear Gerhard