Question
Posted by: REDS | 2010/03/15

SOUP

I have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast evey moring, and a sandwich for lunch. Dinner is usually low fat. What I want to know is. can I have the packets of instant soup every day for luch with 2 slices of wholewheat bread without butter or magarine, but with peanut butter or cheese or ham. Will I loose weight with this or is the soup fattening. I am 1.68 and 65kg -60yrs

Dear Reds
Seeing that your present BMI = 23, which is excellent and well within the middle of the normal range (18-25), I don't think you need to lose any more weight. Package soups when reconstituted with water on average contain 116 kJ per 100 ml, thus 290 kJ per 250 ml cup, which is not even 5% of the daily energy intake for an adult woman who is slimming. So you can certainly use these soups, esp now that winter is coming and having a cup of soup at lunchtime makes a pleasant change.

1

Dear Reds