Posted by: Disable Chick | 2009-10-29

Soulder operation

Hi Elaine

My name is Catherine I am 33 years, I found your contact on the Forum, my problem is I am a disable person who had right leg corrective amputation in 1999 because I had polio when I was a baby the right leg was very short but before that I have been in crutches since I was young.

Everything have been ok until 3 months back I felt with my 1 year old baby when I was working she was in the baby Konco on my chest so a week back I consulted with an orthopedic sergeon to see what was happening and after all the ex rays he told me my shoulder’ s muscle on top is torn I need an operation which he have fix it, I have pain sometimes but not painful like before, I do not take any painkillers

I am depending on my crutches and my question is what is the prone and cones of a shoulder operation? Am I going to recover and use my crutches and be independent the way I am? Because I can do anything like everybody and I am taking care of my little baby, It really driving me insane when I was told that I am going to not move for 6 to 8 weeks after the op, I am the sole bread winner, have a new job and I have a baby to take care of.

Your response will be greatly appreciated,

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Catherine,

it seems that you also contacted me on my website at and i have responded to your question and given you advice

Dr Joe de Beer