Question
Posted by: Desperate &  Sad | 2011/01/24

Sorry

II’ m sorry, my head is all over the place its R170 000, not R170 I cannot believe I made that mistake.
But any advice will be appreciated.
Thank You

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: SORRY

There is nothing else you can do, it is suggested that you contact them and try and make arrangements to pay it off or to at least be able to sell the car yourself for the correct amount of money.

6
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/01/28

re: SORRY

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Honest | 2011/01/26

Try the Road Accident Fund for compensation due to loss of support.

Reply to Honest
Posted by: Desperate &  Sad | 2011/01/25

Can we sue him? If so none of us knew, so we haven’ t done that, this only happened on the 15th of Dec and we are still waiting to hear whether the police are going to formally press charges

Reply to Desperate &amp  Sad
Posted by: Honest | 2011/01/25

You said he did not know he was going at 32 - none of us do.
Because we do not know what to expect is exactly why we have a will to help our loved ones when the inevitable happens.
The life lesson here is everyone should have a will.
Who is getting the money from the reckless driver when he is sued?

Reply to Honest

Thank you Honest, but you see, I don''t think he thought he was going to at only 32 and to someone else driving reckless, and unfortunately he did not have a will as so many other people out there.
But thank you for your brutal honesty.

Reply to Desperate &amp  Sad
Posted by: Honest | 2011/01/24

If you cannot afford to pay R170000 chances are u cannot afford to run such a car(maintenance,petrol,insurance)
To be brutally honest l think you have to let it go.
Another alternative is to raise a loan at a bank for as much as you can and bid at the auction,maybe it would go for R100000 or less.But you will still have all the costs as above and would still have to repay the loan.DO NOT GO TO A LOAN SHARK.
Bear in mind that a car is a depreciating asset and if yr boyfriend wanted u to have it he would have had death insurance and would have left it to u in his will.

Reply to Honest