Question
Posted by: Minenhle | 2010/06/15

sores between vaginal opening and anus

I had sores between my vaginal opening and anus, saw a dr but he said they are caused by the same virus that gives us mouth sores, so I shouldn''t worry. I got treatment and now they are gone but I also have recurrent vaginal thrush and don''t know how to treat it, I also experience some pain during sex and bleeding afterwards. After sex I also experience some pain when I urinate or wash like I have developed some rush it doesn''t last for the whole day though. Please help. I''ve seen a dr but the treatment only last for a 2 to 3 weeks then comes back again. Could this be signs of cervical cancer?

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of treating recurrent thrush. This could be causing the pain with sex. Bleeding after sex could be a sign of cervical problems but in your case could be from the thrush. Also pap smears would pick up cervical problems.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/06/15

The virus your doctor was referring to was herpes. There is one type that causes fever blisters on your mouth and another type that causes sores in the genital area.
Its a sexually transmitted disease. It can''t be cured, but will not always be active, so when the sores are there, you can pass it on to others, when they aren''t there you won''t pass it on to others.
Its spread by skin to skin contact so making the guy wear a condom isn''t going to help.

If you are concerned about cervical cancer, go and have a pap smear done. You should do this annually anyway.

Reply to Purple