Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2010-03-08

Sores at the Back of the head

Hi, I am 21 year old male. I have had sores at the back of my head since starting to shave last year, I used Bump control to get rid of the sores but it hasn''t helped, they get aggrevated whenever I shave my head. Even if I take some time not shaving they never go away. A doctor I consulted said it''s common, stubborn bacteria. Please Advice.

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Dear Jackie

Yes, this is a fairly common problem when a bacterial infection infects the hair follicles of the area you are shaving. You will need to be absolutely scrupulous about keeping your skin clean, in both that area, as well as your hands which touch that area of your skin. You will need to stop shaving that area until the infection has cleared up completely, as each time you shave you aggravate and inflame that skin even more. You can use a topical antibacterial cream, for example bactraban, or any that your pharmacist or doctor recommends, to help clear it up faster. Once the skin has completely cleared, you can begin shaving again, being very careful to wash thouroughly before shaving.

1
Posted by: probiotics expert | 2010-03-12

Dear Jackie

Reply to probiotics expert