Question
Posted by: Ndondo | 2009-04-06

Sores

Good day.

My daughter is 16 months old and for the past 4 months she has developed sores on her arms, lega and face and nothing on her body. she scratceh herself so much that she starts to bleed.
I have taken her to doctors where I was given antibiotics as they suspect in internal infection and ointments and calamine lotion to apply on the sores. She is not getting better. The sores come and go and last weekend for two days she woke swolen on her right cheek and a clear liquid comes out of these sores. I am suspecting an allergic reaction but I could be wrong and if it is...what is it? oh, she was also given allergex.
i am really concerned and do not know what to do now. please assist

Dear Ndondo
Do you use Vaseline on her skin? Some kids get an allergy because it contains petroleum products. Bath her only with Elizabeth Ann baby shampoo and use UEA (Aqeous cream) as moisturizer. Allergex will usually not help for this kind of allergy. If it persists she needs to see a pediatrician as she may need cortisone medication.