Posted by: mortified | 2009-01-27

I often get (once a month) just before my periods little sores between the anus and the vagina. They are really sore, small in size. The itching can sometimes go up the anus. I tried oral anti inflamatory, pain killer without any result. A local anestetic cream hides the pain but does not solve the problem.
Could it be genital herpes?

Dear Mortified
You will have to let your doctor look at the sores when they come out - if it is blisters, it could be genital herpes. It sounds as if it could be.

i' ve had genital herpes for 7 years now. have two healthy kids, have an outbreak once or twice a month especially when i' m stressed. had just met a wonderful man and would like to have sex with him. How do I tell him about this disease and how can we take precautions. I do not want to infect him and I would like to have a future with him.

Posted by: Cyberdoc again | 2009-01-28

There is treatment, you can have children but would not be able to give normal vaginal birth during an outbreak. It is not in the blood

Reply to Cyberdoc again
Posted by: mortified | 2009-01-28

If it is genital herpes, can you still have children without infecting them? can you give blood?
If there is any treatment for it?

Reply to mortified