Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2008/07/30

Sore wrists

Dear Doc

For the last month or so I have experienced painful wrists on and off. It does not seem to be related to excerize or lifting things etc. I am young (35) and in good health. My wrists dont feel painful to touch and there is no numbness or tingling. Just pain that seems worse in the morning then tapers off and dissaprears. It does not happen every day - just some days.

Today my wrists, shoulders and back was sore. Is this just symptoms of a possible virus?

Belinda

Hallo Belinda
Early morning pain and stiffness are typical of joint inflammation or arthritis - your doctor can check if there are any signs of this with x/rays and blood tests. Other common causes are muscle spasms due to computer work or viral infections (then will be there for a few days and disappear and you may feel as if you have flu)