Question
Posted by: Mark | 2010-12-23

Sore Tongue

Hi Doc,

I have canker sores on the tip of my tongue which are very painful. I had them a few weeks ago and my GP said they were most likely the result of a throat/sinus infection which I had. He gave me a course of antibiotics and they went away, Earlier this week they started up again, I''ve been using a mouth wash but that doesn''t seem to have helped. Today I am feeling feverish too.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Hallo Mark
These are most probably viral. Try using Kenalog in Orobase ointment on it - you can put a thick layer on, and repeat it after you've eaten. If you have blisters in your mouth, you may have a herpes infection and may need antiviral medication like Zovirax. If the sores are spreading, let your doctor have a look.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-12-24

Hallo Mark