Posted by: Me | 2009-09-03

Sore tongue

For some reason the left side of my tongue keeps on developing small sores, either the same colour of my tongue or white. My lower wisdom tooth on that side is skew and I can feel the " edge" /" top"  against my tongue. The other side is fine and has no sores. My tongue also seems to feel generally more sensitive on top. I had a cold about 2 weeks ago and a week after the cold had passed I also had a couple of days of coughing. I must probably also mention that I ate a lot of rough, " abrasive"  cereal as a snack for a couple of days after the cold and ended up hurting my teeth and gums on that side (they were sore for about 4 days). I just can' t remember my tongue being this sensitive before.

I' d just like to know whether the skew tooth explains this or whether something else is wrong.

Dear Me
a rough edge of a tooth can cause sores in the mouth and tongue - let your dentist have a look and see if they can't polish the edge of the tooth for you - it may be too sharp.